Monday, October 29, 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush

I thought this Gem Crush line from Sally Hansen was going to be my ticket to Nail Paradise over the Holidays, but it seems it just wasn't meant to be.  To her credit, Ms. Hansen assembled an amazing array of colors (check the full lineup here), but the polish just didn't have any staying power for me.  I'm used to glitter polishes that are almost too thick and annoyingly difficult to remove, like the one from American Apparel I reviewed here.  Granted, I'm no lady of leisure -- I do my own dishes, walk my own dogs then wash my own hands -- so I guess my lifestyle just isn't conducive to this thin a polish.  It literally chipped within minutes of drying, and the next day, half the polish was gone from my fingers!

I might try another layer of topcoat before I discard this bottle completely, because as you can see, it is quite pretty.  This color is called "Big Money"...maybe it was intended for ladies of leisure after all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home